One of the most influential advocacy organizations in the U.S. is seeking a Senior Vice President & Chief Human Resources Officer to build an AARP human resources program that serves as a model for policy makers and employers nationwide.
The Organization: AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan social mission organization dedicated to transforming the way American defines aging. With a membership of more than 38 million people and offices in all 50 states, AARP helps all 50-plus Americans turn goals and dreams into “Real Possibilities” by designing and promoting inspiring solutions to the challenges that matter most to families: health care, financial security, personal fulfillment, and protection for the most vulnerable. AARP has become one of the most effective advocacy organizations in the U.S. through an innovative mix of government and marketplace advocacy, comprehensive public information program—including the award-winning AARP The Magazine, robust digital resources, and local outreach—and charitable support for low-income adults.
The Opportunity: To deliver on its promise to members and its ambitious social agenda, AARP relies on a diverse, skilled, healthy, highly motivated, and committed workforce of nearly 2,300 people, both at its Washington, D.C. headquarters and in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The AARP human resources department is charged with recruiting and developing the workforce that drives the implementation of AARP’s core strategic priorities of health, wealth, and self, ensuring that all employees can grow in their current jobs and build a career to meet their highest aspirations.
The Position: AARP’s Senior Vice President & Chief Human Resources Officer (SVP & CHRO) acts as the principal strategic advisor on human capital and human resources directives and initiatives. The SVP & CHRO partners with key leadership teams throughout the AARP enterprise to develop, implement, and maintain effective human resources strategies, functions, and systems. The SVP & CHRO is responsible for leading a customer service-oriented, flexible, and responsive AARP human resources team to ensure that human resources policies, procedures, and practices are carefully designed and fully leveraged to support enterprise success.
The ideal SVP & CHRO will have:
- 20 years of experience in progressively responsible human resources leadership roles.
- Experience in the HR operations of medium to large non- and for-profit organizations is desirable, including experience in multi-location organizations.
- Sophisticated knowledge of a majority of key HR functional areas, including recruiting, performance/ talent management, training and development, employee relations, compensation and benefits, organizational development, HR information systems, and compliance with labor and employment laws; deep familiarity with compensation structures is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, motivate, develop, and manage a team of HR professionals.
- Commitment to customer service philosophy of HR department effectiveness.
- Cultural sensitivity, high emotional intelligence, and a flexible, team-oriented style.
- Proven ability to inspire, lead, and manage a multigenerational workforce and to cultivate an inclusive environment among staff.
For more information and a complete list of requirements or to apply, please visit http://www.driconsulting.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please tell us where you learned of this position.