The Center for the Arts Evergreen (CAE), once known as the Evergreen Arts Council, began in 1974 and was first incorporated as the Evergreen Center for the Arts in 1976 . With a mission “to promote and provide support for existing and future arts organizations in the Evergreen area.” Center for the Arts Evergreen began the Arts in the Schools and grants for arts programs in 1990.
The Center for the Arts Evergreen provides quality art instruction, exhibitions and activities. Our main gallery displays up to eight shows a year, showcasing local and nationally-acclaimed artists in both curated and juried exhibitions. Our common area features a gift shop with wonderful handmade arts and crafts for any occasion and doubles as a secondary exhibition space. CAE also provides art classes in all media; painting, ceramics, jewelry making, silk dyeing, even language and writing. We host monthly cultural events such as concerts, books talks, artist demos, wine tastings, and lectures.
The Center for the Arts Evergreen Executive Director is responsible for promoting the mission of the organization, leading the strategic growth and operation of a mature, multi-faceted program, as well as an energetic team ready to achieve even higher financial results. Reporting to the board and working collaboratively with board leadership and a dynamic staff to deliver quality programming art exhibits, events, and educational and community outreach efforts, the Executive Director is expected to foster integrity, confidence and teamwork. This position is responsible for all fundraising and development activity.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years of professional experience and progressive growth in a nonprofit organization; demonstrated success in a development function (managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources); being skilled at cultivating major gifts, planned gifts, and broad-based community support in a non-profit environment.
- Record of effectively using a consensus and collaboration-based leadership style to meet and exceed organizational goals.
- Demonstrated record of creatively working with funders and program staff to develop and package projects to align with funder interests and priorities.
- Ability to inform, guide, and collaborate with leadership team to develop a long-range strategic fundraising direction and implement best practices.
- Strong financial acumen and experience in budgeting, goal setting, and fundraising.