Code of Ethics
DRi is proud to adhere faithfully to the codes of ethics of both the Association of Executive Search Consultants and the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
We believe that when you trust the health of your non-profit to us, we have an obligation to treat it like the world depends on it—because we know that someone’s world does. Whether we are identifying leaders for executive positions or working with leaders to develop bold strategic plans and powerful fundraising programs, we follow the same core principles:
- Honesty – We think expertise comes with an obligation to share it honestly. We will never promise our clients anything that we can’t deliver and we will always offer you frank advice, even when it doesn’t match cookie-cutter best practices.
- Urgency – We understand that every day a position goes unfilled or a plan goes unfinished is a day when opportunities go unpursued. We actively recruit candidates—we do not wait for them to come to us—and we recruit them using a process that puts them in positions within 90-120 days. And you never have to wonder how things are going during those days: we provide scheduled written updates and our leaders are directly available to take questions at any time.
- Quality – We believe that in the non-profit sector, excellence is an ethical obligation; the sector is too important for anything less. That is why we have a uniquely structured team that engages the leaders of our firm in every search and makes sure they are supported by a team of highly skilled specialists.
- Diversity – We agree with our clients that diverse hiring is a critical part of creating better organizations and a better world. That is why more than 15% of our placements have been people of color and more than 50% have been women.
- Confidentiality – We know that confidentiality is of paramount importance both during executive searches and during the donor cultivation process. We protect the confidentiality of our clients’ internal documents and deliberations and we ensure that the identity of our candidates is treated with an equal level of confidentiality.
- Fidelity – We take our responsibility to serve our clients’ needs seriously. We recognize that for the duration of an assignment, we are a public face of your non-profit, and we take seriously our responsibility to represent you faithfully. That is why we are the only executive search firm to employ a dedicated Candidate Stewardship Associate to create positive impressions among candidates. We also present those candidates to only one client at a time to avoid any possibility of a conflict of interest.
For the AESC’s full code of ethics, click here. For the AFP’s full code of ethics, click here.